Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Will TurboTax Home and Business 2020 work with Mac Big Sur OS? I don't want to update my operating system if that will mess up TT.

Thank you.  Will pay the extra cost to try and get it directly from Intuit.  

Will TurboTax Home and Business 2020 work with Mac Big Sur OS? I don't want to update my operating system if that will mess up TT.

Before doing that, I would totally delete the TurboTax AND ALL associated files listed in this FAQ and then restart the MAC in the "safe mode" and try to reinstall TurboTax.    If it runs at all the  immediately update it using the Top menu bar -> TurboTax -> Check for updates.   If it updates which might take a while, then restart the Mac.

Here is a FAQ for how to uninstall Mac
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901210-remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac
Also if present remove: ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901209-reinstall-turbotax-mac

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Latest version of TT 2020 and Big Sur 11.2.1 are not compatible.  I had Turbo Tax technical service rep tell me this, and it was based on information provided to him by his company.

I bought the old early Costco disc version of TT Home & Business, &, based on y'all's input, installed from download option & NOT from disc. It worked fine. Thanks for the advice....

:-)Shawn

I have recently updated to the new Big Sur 11.2.1 and just launched TT.  It downloaded some new updates along with some state updates but proceeded  to launch without issue.

It looks like the TT team has already addressed the issue.

tdan

i'm still having issues. it gets to final review and freezes (spins with a not responding notice) a or crashes intermittently. 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

If you have already updated, tried clearing cache and deleting cookies and your issue still persists, please reach out to support via phone for assistance - contact details can be found here @tdan.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cttack
Returning Member

We are trying to run TT Deluxe 2020 on a Mac Sierra OS. Of course, it won't!!! First time this has happened :(

Can't update the OS on this Mac...which is awful of course.!!

Wouldn't it have been appropriate to put a system requirements statement on the package???????????

Now what do we do???????????

Tx.

cttack
Returning Member

OK..so now I see the Mac system statement!! Thanks for making that NOT obvious!!!

Is there a work around for us??

Thank you.

TT2020 will not run on my intel iMAC running MAC OS 11.2.3 Big Sur. It downloads ok, and I install it fine, but when I try to open it, it first checks for any updates and then opens a window with a blue ball and does nothing else.... until I select 'Cancel'

To cttack

:(    Had the same experience & had to get a new Mac...or you could get a new Windows machine [yuuuccch! ;-)]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies