• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
americancraftsma1

Will TurboTax calculate the penalties and interest I owe Georgia for filing late? I only filed a federal extension in April 2017.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
xmasbaby0
Level 15

Will TurboTax calculate the penalties and interest I owe Georgia for filing late? I only filed a federal extension in April 2017.

No.  Turbotax will not calculate your late filing penalties/interest.  File your returns.  You will be billed for the interest/penalties by the state based on when they receive your return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

3 Replies
xmasbaby0
Level 15

No.  Turbotax will not calculate your late filing penalties/interest.  File your returns.  You will be billed for the interest/penalties by the state based on when they receive your return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
americancraftsma1

Thanks!
DoninGA
Level 15

See this Georgia Department of Revenue website for information on a Georgia extension request - https://dor.georgia.gov/requesting-extension

Get an extension to file your Federal return. You do not need to request an extension to file your Georgia return if you receive a Federal extension. The due date for filing your Georgia return will be automatically extended with an approved Federal extension. Attach a copy of Federal Form 4868 or the IRS confirmation letter (if you request a Federal extension electronically) to the Georgia return when filed. 

Privacy Settings
v