If you scheduled a direct debit payment for the MD state taxes due, the payment will be withdrawn on the scheduled debit date. Please note that your federal and state returns are processed by separate entities so you wouldn't necessarily see your state payment deducted at the same time that you receive your Federal tax refund.
If it is more than 10 days since your MD state return was accepted and if it is past the scheduled debit date, please contact the Comptroller of Maryland Taxpayer Services at 1-800-MD TAXES M-F 8:30 am- 4:30 pm to verify the scheduled payment.
If you wish to verify the scheduled date of withdrawal you would need to preview/print a copy of your MD state return. The debit date is located on the Maryland Information Worksheet-Part V.
Here's how to access a copy of the MD state tax return which would include all worksheets.
- Sign in to your account (if you haven't already done so), using the same login you used to file your return.
- Scroll down to My Tax Returns and Documents and click show.
Next scroll down and select Add a State (you are not really adding a state, this will allow you to get back into the program.
- In the left side panel select Tax Tools then select Print Center.
- Next select Print, save or preview this year's return.
Then select the option to print your 2017 state return. Also select the option to include government and TurboTax worksheets, then select View or print forms.
- This will allow you to print your complete tax file.
- Once you have finished printing, select Tax Home in the left side bar to return to the home page and click Sign Out in the lower left corner when you are ready to exit the program.