Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will the Basic CD version import my 1099B info from financial institution and create Schedule B & 8949?

If I purchase the BASIC CD version will it import my 1099B from our financial institution and create the Schedule D & 8949 form or do I need the Deluxe CD version?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

Will the Basic CD version import my 1099B info from financial institution and create Schedule B & 8949?

You can import your 1099-B using the Basic version of TurboTax Desktop.  All versions of TurboTax Desktop have the same (all) forms available.  The interviews and step-by-steps vary based on the version however.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidD66
Expert Alumni

You can import your 1099-B using the Basic version of TurboTax Desktop.  All versions of TurboTax Desktop have the same (all) forms available.  The interviews and step-by-steps vary based on the version however.  

Can you give example or any additional information as to what the difference is in interviews and step-by-steps between the different TurboTax Desktop versions?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

When you go through the step by step method using the desktop version, you are asked about different items depending on which version you are using.  For example, if you need to enter a Schedule C for self-employment, TurboTax Basic is not going to walk you through all of the entries that go on a Schedule C.  You will be able to enter all of the information, but you will need to know where to go to enter the items.   They are all there, but you won't be asked.  

There are 2 options to enter items into the desktop versions - Guide Me  or   I'll Choose What I Work On.   The Guide Me options are much more limited in the lower versions.  However, you can skip the Guide Me screens and go directly to the entry screens.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies