tempyconley1965

Will my dependant jakob scales recieve any of his stimulas he didn't get any?

Jakob is 8 n ihave claimed him his whole life n he didnt recieve any of the 3 stimulas n i want 2 know why
fanfare

your dependent is not eligible for EIP1 or EIP2.

Children do not receive stimulus checks.  The parent who can claim the child as a dependent for 2020 can use the recovery rebate credit on a 2020 tax return to receive the stimulus payments.

The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return.  If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021

The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the FEDERAL REVIEW section. ( you should see "Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount”)  If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.

Make sure that you enter ALL of the stimulus money received for the 1st and 2nd stimulus for yourself, your spouse and your children.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payment-information-center-topic-j-reconciling-on-your-...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen. Click on Tools. Click on View Tax Summary. Click on Preview my 1040 on the left side of the screen.