franklinosha

Will I have to wait much longer to finish filling my taxes?

TomK

The IRS will not begin accepting tax returns until 1/29/18You can still prepare your return in TurboTax now, but you will not be able to file it until the IRS begins accepting them (it will remain securely on our server until then).

The IRS also does not have all of the forms finalized and ready for filing yet.  Please read the TurboTax FAQ below for IRS Forms Availability Table for TurboTax Individual (Personal) Tax Products.

Similarly, you may have state forms that have not been finalized.  Please see the TurboTax FAQ for state form availability table.

The IRS will hold all 2017 tax returns that have a tax refund which includes EIC and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit util mid-February.  They will release the tax refunds in late February if there are no errors on the tax return.

TomK