yuanqu

Will I ever be able to reduce my taxable income if my house expense (tax, interest and depreciation) is less than the standard deduction of $12,000?

KrisD

Deductions listed on a Schedule A will not be useful (on the Federal return) if the Standard Deduction is larger than the sum of your Schedule A deductions. 

You may consider paying the most possible every other year if that would result in a higher Itemized total every other year. For example paying property taxes in January (for the year) AND December(for the next year if billed and payable), as well charitable contributions the same year. 

Depreciation is not listed on Schedule A, it is taken on rental property and reported on Schedule E. Interest on a rental is also reported on Schedule E and is not limited.