• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vquintela

Will I be able to pay my balance owed to a state electronically. Will I be redirected to a website to make this payment by credit card?

Example If I owe money to New Jersey will turbotax direct me to a website where I can make this payment?
5 Replies
DoninGA
Level 15

Will I be able to pay my balance owed to a state electronically. Will I be redirected to a website to make this payment by credit card?

In the File section of the program when you have state taxes owed, TurboTax will give you options on how to pay those taxes.  One of the options will be the state website for tax payments.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Each state has its own rules about how tax payments can be made. You can pay your New Jersey income tax electronically at the link below. You can pay by credit card or "e-check" (direct debit from your bank account).

NJ Individual Income Tax Payment

Miguel26622
Returning Member

This would be a durp question, just double checking. If choosing the state, for example NC, which allows you to pay through the NC website. The instructions still produced a voucher to mail the owing. Do I just ignore the voucher since I selected the option to pay through the website?

SteamTrain
Level 15

@Miguel26622 

IF you chose to pay thru the NC website...and did not arrange the Debit payment when you e-filed ?

...then Yes...either mail a check with the voucher, or use the NC payment website.

BUT..do not pay until your NC e-file has been accepted.  (not just submitted to TTX, not just transmitted to NC...but "Accepted" by the state)

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
Miguel26622
Returning Member

@SteamTrain 

gotcha, thank you! 

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v