Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmd7777

Will adding in 2,500 in family gifted funds under income allow me to efile for federal filing

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Will adding in 2,500 in family gifted funds under income allow me to efile for federal filing

You don't report gifts received.  Why did you get the funds?  Why can't you efile?  Do you only get Social Security?  You can add $1 of 1099int to try to efile.

Gifts received from an individual are not reported on a tax return, regardless of the amount received.

If you have no taxable income to be reported on your tax return, then there is no reason to file a return unless you received a Form 1095-A from one of the state marketplaces or healthcare.gov for health insurance.

You can add $1 of interest income to your return so that it can be e-filed.  On the Form 1099-INT enter any name in the Received from box.  Enter $1 in box 1.

Enter 1099-int in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen.  Click on Jump to 1099-int

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies