turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will a turbo tax live agent help me figure out why I didn’t get a 1st or 2nd stimulus check even though I met ALL guidelines and help me receive one?

I meet all the guidelines to receive a stimulus check. I doubled checked bank account, etc. I think I maybe did my taxes wrong last year or something because I changed my status from can be claimed by someone else, to no one can claim me. If I pay to talk to a live agent will they help me? I don’t have a lot of income so spending the money on this is a big decision.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Will a turbo tax live agent help me figure out why I didn’t get a 1st or 2nd stimulus check even though I met ALL guidelines and help me receive one?

If you do not receive any other stimulus payments by January 15, 2021, then the stimulus payment for which you are eligible to receive will be entered on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit on Form 1040 Line 30.

The TurboTax program will ask about stimulus payments in the Federal Review section of the program.

Don't worry about the past or 2019.  

The IRS will stop mailing Stimulus checks on 1/15 so if you don't get it by the time the efiling opens at the end of the month you can apply for the missing money on the 2020 return.

The Stimulus checks are really based on your 2020 tax return. Any amount you already got will be reconciled on your 2020 return line 30. If you didn't get a Stimulus Check (and qualify) or you qualify for more it will be added to your 2020 return. But the good news is if they paid you too much they won't take it back.

When you go through the federal review tab it will ask how much you got if any. Or to enter your stimulus payment in TurboTax, type "stimulus" (without the quotes) in the Search box, then click the link that says "Jump to stimulus." If you didn't get one or both enter a 0 and not leave it blank or it won't calculate it.

Hal_Al
Level 15

No, paying for a live agent will not help you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies