Why wont it let me efile my new York state return

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Would you let us know what the particular issue you are experiencing is? Would you also let us know if you e-filed or mailed in your Federal return. Please note, the software checks to see if the federal was accepted before it transmits the state. If you didn't e-file your Federal through Turbo Tax you would not be able to file your state return through us.

KatinaLO, would you be able to explain why Form NY IT-2, Summary of Form W-2 Statements is unsupported for e-filing? (Reference: https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_ny_online_individual.html I am sure everyone is e-filing their Federal through TurboTax when trying to e-file their NY State Tax Return. The NY return problem is completely independent of the Federal tax return: Form NY IT-2 cannot be e-filed and anyone with a W-2 is likely unable to e-file their NY return, independent of the Federal return.

No, we wouldn't be able to tell you why its unsupported for e-filing, however, we do have a list of forms that are available in the TurboTax Software and what is supported and unsupported for e-filing. Please see this TurboTax FAQ, it shows the NY IT-2 unsupported for e-filing, State forms availability table for TurboTax indivi...