alex-ramirez1993

Why wont it accept my wifes 2016 AGI? I have logged in to her turbo tax account and saw the AGI number and I have inputted that same # twice and it keeps rejecting it.

We filed separately last year due to her still being active duty. This year Its our first time filing together but keeps rejecting it. She did not work this year which is the reason we are filing jointly.

jbeasley2

If your return is rejecting for incorrect AGI but you think you have the right number, you may want to get a copy from the IRS to see what they have on file.  If you still can't e-file, you can still file your return in TurboTax by making it a paper return and mailing it in.

You can  get free transcripts of your federal return from the IRS - Get Transcript

You can order a copy of your return from the IRS you may using this form for a  $50.00 fee

Request for Copy of Tax Return

jbeasley2

Request for Copy of Tax Return