turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year 2020: Why was my stimulus payment to to my taxs people

I dont have same bank account my taxes was deposited in

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieC14
Expert Alumni

Per the IRS, they cannot change payment information for the second stimulus check, including bank account or mailing information. If you do not get a payment or it is less than expected, it may be claimed on the 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit. Remember, Economic Impact Payments are an advance payment of what will be called the Recovery Rebate Credit on the 2020 Form 1040 or Form 1040-SR.

If the second stimulus payment was sent to a temporary account that is closed or is no longer active,

TurboTax is happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for customers affected by this IRS error. We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers affected by this will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way. We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers. 

For further information, please see the following links: 

Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Get Your Second Stimulus Check | TurboTax® Official Guide (intuit.com) 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

If the bank account you used for direct deposit of your tax refund is now closed, you will not get a second stimulus payment.  You can claim it as a rebate on your tax return and it will be added to your refund.  Normally the IRS would mail a replacement check, but because the IRS has a January 15 deadline due to the oncoming tax season, they can't issue replacement checks for this round of payments. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies