Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
jjmagoo67

Why was my California refund only $650 when Turbotax calculated it to be $1,058?

CA will be sending you a letter. They do not advise TT of any adjustments or offsets that they make.

jjmagoo67

I received a letter but it didn't explain anything.
TomD8

The letter should contain a phone number that you can call for further information.  As @SweetieJean said, TurboTax would not have the information as to why CA reduced your refund.
**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.

Some possibilities:  You made a data entry error.  You forgot to claim some income. You owe back taxes, student loans, or child support.