brahmeyer

Why this year am I being charged for "Self Employed" when I am both W-2 AND 1099, but most my income is from W2? You never charged me extra fee before!

Very frustrating when I have almost no write-offs as a contractor, but I'm charged for the more expensive new product as if I really ran an entire small business!  Is there any way to wave a portion of that fee??

In past years, Deluxe would handle a 1099-MISC for self-employment if you had less than $100 (I think) of expenses.  It was changed this year so any expenses on a schedule C require the Self employed version.

If you don't want to deduct expenses at all, I think you still need to upgrade at least from Free to Deluxe to make a schedule C.  But you can try declining the upgrade and see if it allows you to report the income and not deduct expenses, or doesn't allow the income at all.