turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stanleyks

Why is Turbo Tax still trying to get me to file a Form 1065 (sold the investment in 2016)? TurboTax is still prompting me to file one? I CANNOT get out of 'the loop'?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is Turbo Tax still trying to get me to file a Form 1065 (sold the investment in 2016)? TurboTax is still prompting me to file one? I CANNOT get out of 'the loop'?

Did you have a Form 1065 Schedule K-1 in prior tax return?  See if a Schedule K-1 is in the list of forms that can be deleted and if shown delete the K-1.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Did you have a Form 1065 Schedule K-1 in prior tax return?  See if a Schedule K-1 is in the list of forms that can be deleted and if shown delete the K-1.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the screen.  Click on Tools.  Click on Delete a form

Or Try deleting it this way.  Go to the K-1 interview section here
Federal
Wages and Income
Then scroll way down to Business Items
Schedules K-1, Q - Click the Start or Update button

If the first screen says "Do you want to review Schedule K-1?". You have to answer yes and then click Update by  the Schedule K-1 type (LLC, S corp, trust). The next screen is the Summary screen listing all of the K-1 entered for that type of entity.  You can review, edit or delete it there.
Manage cookies