kevin_joyce

Why is only one educator expense showing on schedule 1, line 23, when my wife and I are both educators?

My wife and I are both qualified educators and have both taken this deduction in the past. Our again is less than 145k.

JulieCo

The educator expenses should be available to both of you for a joint return. For 2018, the expense deductions are limited to $250 each.  See more information in the FAQ below. 

On the entry screen, both of you will be listed so both of your expenses get recorded on the same screen.  See the sample screenshot below. 

kevin_joyce

I entered both of our expenses, but the schedule 1 form, line 23, is only showing 250, not 500 as I would have expected.