Solved: Why is my total amount due so much ? What if I don't want the premium service ?

Why is my total amount due so much ? What if I don't want the premium service ?

In Deluxe, the Federal return is 34.99, and a  State return is 36.99, for a total of 71.98 plus sales tax (where applicable.)

If you chose to pay the fees out of your Federal refund and are in California, that is in the Premium Services Bundle, which has a 39.99 service fee.   In other states, the refund processing fee is 34.99.

You can remove Premium Services (and fee) prior to filing, if you wish, and once removed, then you can pay upfront with credit card, debit card, or prepaid debit card you can buy in  a store.

See this FAQ on how to remove Premium Services and then pay upfront:

California filers:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2154391-how-do-i-remove-the-premium-services-fee

California filers: