turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rhoover78

Why is my Costco version of deluxe charging me for state e file when it says it is included via download?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why is my Costco version of deluxe charging me for state e file when it says it is included via download?

If you are using the desktop version, the 1 free state download of the software is included. But you will pay a fee to e-file that state return. You can avoid the fee by printing and mailing the return. You are able to print and paper file as many returns as you'd like with desktop version, at no cost. But there will be an e-file fee for the state.

If you go here https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/desktop/ and then click on "1 state download" under the version you are using, it will provide this information for you as well and show "E-file additional*." 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are using the desktop version, the 1 free state download of the software is included. But you will pay a fee to e-file that state return. You can avoid the fee by printing and mailing the return. You are able to print and paper file as many returns as you'd like with desktop version, at no cost. But there will be an e-file fee for the state.

If you go here https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/desktop/ and then click on "1 state download" under the version you are using, it will provide this information for you as well and show "E-file additional*." 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies