wareaglemcl

Why is it telling me to mail in state tax returns when I tried to add my 1098-T form even when my state doesn’t have state taxes?

DeniseF1

If your state does not have a state income tax, you can opt out of filing a state return.  There is nothing further for you to do as it relates to filing a state return.

DeniseF1

wareaglemcl

I was making a change to a return I had already filed. When I went through to change it and add my 1098-T form and got to the end it would let me sign and file as it said I had to file by mail because of the State Taxes. It also didn’t change the amount on my federal return either.
DeniseF1

Since your tax return has already been e-filed and accepted, you will need to wait until the first return has been processed by the IRS and then file an amended return by mail. If you are due a refund, you will need to receive it before filing the amendment.
wareaglemcl

Will something be sent to me in the mail that I fill out and send back?