Why does the app have a different total than the online desktop version? This is a problem!

Why does the app have a different total than online?  I use this app all the time to track donations for my clients!

ItsDeductible Online values are always marked as estimates.  The donations are always converted to final values when imported into Turbotax, or if you directly enter donations into Turbotax.  It's never been clear why that is the case, but it has been the case for at least 8 years, probably more.

The "problem" is with congress, in that they haven't finalized anything for the 2016 tax season, and probably won't until the absolute last minute, as they usually do. Until that's done, the IRS can't finalize their forms. Until that's done, TurboTax can't finalize the program. Being that it's not yet 2017, nobody (particularly congress) is in any hurry since there's no way you can file your taxes until you have all your tax ducuments once the 2016 tax year is over.

The values on the "It's Deductible" site are fluid and change with the average prices as the year goes by and they are not set in stone until you can import the amounts into the Turbo Tax program.  

What worries me is the word "clients" since the Turbo Tax program is not for use by paid preparers unless it can be imported into the Professional programs.

I'm not aware of any way to import ItsDeductible into Intuits professional programs.  As a professional preparer I'm not sure I could defend ItsDeductible valuations in an audit.   They seem rather high for FMV in thrift stores around here.

@srmarsh
TT is not licensed for use by paid tax preparers.

I will never use ItsDeductible again!  I have tried everything including completely deleting this one charity and reentering the data.  Still get the same error!

webable  

You are posting in an old thread that has already been answered and which is less likely to be seen as needing help.  Normally it's best to start a new thread so the focus of attention will be on your issue and show up as "unanswered." 

You didn't say what "the error" is.  Without any information no one will know what you are experiencing.   You'll also need to say if you are using the built-in ItsDeductible applet inside TurboTax while preparing a tax return, or if you are referring to the standalone ItsDeductible website for tracking donations.   And if you are referring to the applet inside TurboTax, are you using Online TurboTax or desktop TurboTax?   If desktop software, Mac or PC?

If your problem can't be solved in this user forum, we can tell you how to phone TurboTax Support.