sean-keller23

Why do I not have an option to file my state taxes? It says they are started, but after filing federal, it just takes me to a page saying NE taxes are started.

AndreaC1

If your state return shows as "Started," it will show that way until your federal return has been accepted by the IRS (not accepted by TurboTax). It can only be e-filed once federal is accepted. 

The IRS just started to accept e-filed returns today, January 29, 2018. When will the IRS start accepting e-filed returns?

So if your federal return has been accepted by IRS, you can log back into your account and file your state return.

You can use the instructions below to help you file the state return at that time. Click the blue link below for the version of TurboTax you used, to get instructions.

AndreaC1