Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
CLynn0

Why Difft Tax Due - over 65 married filing jointly with 89313 taxable income TT says tax is $11,369 using IRS Tax Table my calculation reflect $11,366. Why?

all w2 and 1099 income no dividend
JohnW222

I've consulted the 2019 Tax Table, and the tax for the Married Filing Jointly status on income of $89,313 is, in fact, $11,369 (see page 13 of the IRS' TAX AND EARNED INCOME CREDIT TABLES). 

You may have been using the computation shown in the Tax Computation Worksheet on page 15, but this should only be used when income for the Married Filing Jointly status is at least $100,000.

CLynn0

Yes, thank you for your update. I used the second alternate in my personal calculations early in 2019 which did not have the $100,000 requirement  at that time the table you referenced was not available. Must say you would think both solutions would create the same results but as we all know when dealing with IRS (oh well want go there) 

Thank you again.