cyndyjk

Why didn't my charitable deductions lower my taxes due when I imported them in from its deductibleonline.com?

Melaine

Remember, you can only deduct charitable expenses when you itemize on a schedule A.   When you do itemize, the amount must be more than the standard deduction for your filing status.  If your standard deduction is more, you will not see any change in the amount of taxes due as the charitable deductions would not be included.  Also, you will not receive full value for your donations, only a percent, based on the charity you donated to.  To learn more please read Tax Deductions and Charitable Contributions.

Melaine