mosleykiara

Why didn’t I receive free state and federal filing if your promotion said it was free?

I filed 2/18/21, the promotion ended days after I filed not before or during. What happened?

You are posting from online Live Deluxe.   That version provides live help from a CPA and has never been offered for free.   Did you not know that was the version you used?

How can I see my TurboTax  fees?   

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2565973-how-do-i-review-my-fees-in-turbotax-online

mosleykiara

No. I didn’t select it in the beginning but I guess it happened because I own a house. Seems like false advertising. It said free federal and state. 

TiffanyL

You can file a simple return and claim the standard deduction if you choose not to claim your real estate tax and mortgage interest. However, the only form available this year is Form 1040. The 1040A and 1040EZ are no longer used. There are also six new schedules that may need to be filed depending on your income and deductions. You can use TurboTax Free edition to file if you are not entering your home expenses. However, if you choose to claim these expense you will be required to use TurboTax Deluxe.

When you tell TurboTax about yourself, It will recommend the right tax solution and guide you every step of the way.