Why did TurboTax not stop me filing my taxes knowi...

merrifieldj

Why did TurboTax not stop me filing my taxes knowing I would not qualify for the stimulus if I did

I was over the 160000 in 2020 but under 150000 in 2019
KathrynG3

You may still be eligible for your first and second stimulus payments based on your 2020 income. If you have not yet received the stimulus payments, report them as the Recovery Rebate Credit.

To do this in TurboTax, follow these steps:

1. Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
  2. Answer Yes.
  3. At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
  4. If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

You are correct that the third stimulus payment requires taxpayers who are married, filing jointly to report less than $160,000 as adjusted gross income. 

To confirm this, see: What the First Coronavirus Stimulus Package Means for You | The TurboTax Blog

How much second stimulus payment will I get?

For the third stimulus: Stimulus payment resources for your 2020 taxes

annajoe803

Do you really think TurboTax knew what the specifics of a law were going to be before it became the law? 

I'm pretty sure you will be okay.  

ReneeM7122

A third stimulus check might be on the way.  Here is a TurboTax article about it.

@annajoe803