timodruid

Why did my Refund get rejected in Oregon and then the refund went down $1000?

SteamTrain

The OR refund change occurred because your Oregon Statewide transit tax entry in box 14 of your W-2 was improperly inflating your OR income deductions on line 5 of the Schedule OR-A.  The software change removed that improper deduction from line 5 of the Sched OR-A and corrected your tax file to be "more correct".

Is it perfectly correct now?  well...Maybe...

IF your e-filed Federal tax return used the "Free" version, or used a higher version with a Federal Std Deduction....then all is probably OK now, as long as you (or they) did not make some kind of other error.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain