dgreese1964

Why did I get an email saying my documents were ready but when I log in to finish my return they’re not ready

MichelleT

I am unsure which documents you are saying are ready.....There could be more than one tax form that needs to update before filing.

IRS starts taking accepting returns January 29th this year.

Most federal and state forms are not yet finalized due to new tax laws. Every year, tax forms get updated. So if your tax return has forms that are not final yet, you will not be able to file the return until they are final. I’ve provided links to both IRS and State form availability tables below.

You should also be able to click on Review to the left, and it will show you a list of forms in your return that aren’t available yet. It should also show date they should become available. 

Keep in mind, the IRS will not start accepting e-filed returns until January 29, 2018. 

NOTE: Any returns that include Earned Income Credit and/or Additional Child Tax Credit will also be held until around mid-February. And refunds from those returns will start releasing in late February.

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4158234-i-was-told-the-gov-has-to-update-tax-codes-or-something-th...

Maybe some are now ready, but others (e.g. State)  still are not?
MichelleT