Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lillguy1

Why Can't I download my Turbo Tax

I click on the blue square and it sends me to a 2006 download page

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChrisJ

For CD/Download purchases: Choose a CD/Download product to Buy Now here. You can select from PC/WindowsMacintosh or I'd like to order a CD  

If you'd like to prepare your return using TurboTax Online: Choose which online product you'd like to Start for Free here, then create an account (or Sign in if you already have one). 

If you've started a return online and would like to download/finish the return on a CD/download version, refer to these steps: 

1. Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Select Tools from the My Account menu in the upper right corner.
  3. In the pop-up Tools Center window, select Save your 2016 return to your computer.
  4. Select Save As and browse to where you want to save the file, such as your Desktop.
  5. Change the default filename (taxReturn) to something recognizable, for example J Doe 2016 Tax Return before you click Save.

Your online return has now been saved in a format can be opened in the TurboTax software.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ChrisJ

For CD/Download purchases: Choose a CD/Download product to Buy Now here. You can select from PC/WindowsMacintosh or I'd like to order a CD  

If you'd like to prepare your return using TurboTax Online: Choose which online product you'd like to Start for Free here, then create an account (or Sign in if you already have one). 

If you've started a return online and would like to download/finish the return on a CD/download version, refer to these steps: 

1. Sign in to your online return, if you're not already signed in.
  2. Select Tools from the My Account menu in the upper right corner.
  3. In the pop-up Tools Center window, select Save your 2016 return to your computer.
  4. Select Save As and browse to where you want to save the file, such as your Desktop.
  5. Change the default filename (taxReturn) to something recognizable, for example J Doe 2016 Tax Return before you click Save.

Your online return has now been saved in a format can be opened in the TurboTax software.

When I do a security scan it tell me it detected a virus.  won't download.

Turn off your antivirus program when you download it.

dmclendon

I can not download my internet version of Turbo Tax purchased Order number: [order number removed]
Order date: Feb 29, 2020
Total charges: $69.99
Payment method: [info removed]

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact support and have them send you a push update for your software.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ffluker

I just bought turbo tax and installed it on a computer that does not have enough space. How do I move turbotax to another computer? It is saying it is installed on another and can't be reinstalled.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Your TurboTax software can be installed, authenticated, and activated on up to 5 different computers. If you are not able to, please reach out to Customer Support so that they can assist you with this. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kdown

Hi Intuit,

I can't download my 2019 TurboTax product onto a new computer and am unable to access it on an existing computer. The link to download doesn't appear to be working from my account download page (behind the login) - https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/unified/downloads/myaccounts?route=MYACCOUNTS&cgcview=downloads...

Please advise.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies