Solved: Why can I not just go directly to the short form as end up with every year because I don't have enough expenses to do the long form???

Why can I not just go directly to the short form as end up with every year because I don't have enough expenses to do the long form???

You could if you want to clear and start over.  Don't transfer from the prior year and don't check that you have any deductions.  You can choose the free version and you would only have to upgrade if there was something on your W-2 that required it.