Solved: Why aren't taxpayers who used TurboTax eligible fo...

Why aren't taxpayers who used TurboTax eligible for the stimulus check?

I haven't received the COVID-19 stimulus check, but I know I am eligible.  My friend says it's because you're not eligible if you used TurboTax to file your taxes.  Is this true?  Why?!

No it is NOT true.  Everyone who qualifies gets a stimulus check.  If you had your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund, then the IRS might mail you a check.  

If the IRS does have your direct deposit information then you will receive the stimulus money by direct deposit.  The IRS has had delays in sending out the money, hopefully, there glitches have been fixed or will be soon.

You can try using the IRS Get My Payment, to find out information about your stimulus money.

Check on the status of your Economic Impact Payment

This application will give you information about:

• Your payment status
  • Your payment type
  • Whether we need more information from you, including bank account information

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

• Your payment status
  • Your payment type