Solved: Why are my taxes getting rejected. It says my SNN doesn’t match my last name although I’ve checked everything and my information is correct

claudiahparker

Why are my taxes getting rejected. It says my SNN doesn’t match my last name although I’ve checked everything and my information is correct

DanielV01

There are two possibilities.  If you just got married and changed from your married name, the SSA may not have updated their database with the IRS.  The other possibility is if you have a double last name.  I have seen the SSA use the first last name as a middle name, and then the second last name as the "official" last name.  

If neither of these two fixes it, you may want to mail in the return this year, and hopefully the IRS database is updated by next year.  

DanielV01