Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mattied65

Why am I waiting for a firm 4562 to be finalized when it doesn't apply to my 2016 tax return??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ToddL

Why am I waiting for a firm 4562 to be finalized when it doesn't apply to my 2016 tax return??

If you had a Form 4562 on your 2015 return and did not "dispose" of the assets you were depreciating or amortizing, the Form 4562 would automatically carry-over to your 2016 return. 

If you are sure you don't need Form 4562 this year, you can delete it from your return using the Delete a Form tool. You would also have to delete any asset worksheets that are associated with the Form 4562,

(If the Form 4562 was used to report depreciation/amortization from a Form K-1, and you don't have the Form K-1 for 2016, you don't have to dispose of the asset, but you would have to delete the Form K-1 since it would also carry-over).

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the Form 4562 and associated worksheets, log out of the program. When you log back in, you use the Delete a Form tool to see if they have been removed from the list of forms in your return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ToddL

If you had a Form 4562 on your 2015 return and did not "dispose" of the assets you were depreciating or amortizing, the Form 4562 would automatically carry-over to your 2016 return. 

If you are sure you don't need Form 4562 this year, you can delete it from your return using the Delete a Form tool. You would also have to delete any asset worksheets that are associated with the Form 4562,

(If the Form 4562 was used to report depreciation/amortization from a Form K-1, and you don't have the Form K-1 for 2016, you don't have to dispose of the asset, but you would have to delete the Form K-1 since it would also carry-over).

See: How do I delete forms in TurboTax Online?

After deleting the Form 4562 and associated worksheets, log out of the program. When you log back in, you use the Delete a Form tool to see if they have been removed from the list of forms in your return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies