mamiem123

Why am i being charged

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Lakeisha

Why am i being charged

When filing with the Federal Free edition of TuboTax, you are allowed to file your federal for free.

However to file your state taxes via e-file, it will come with an additional charge. Right now that charge is $29.99 per state that you file.

Below I have attached a link that you can visit in order to see exactly what the current fees and prices are:
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

I hope this provides you with some clarity!

Lakeisha

Why am i being charged

Why am i being charged

I have already paid this when I filed in April

Why am i being charged

I don't know if you claim that's it's free why did you charge me 140.00 for filing my taxes. But all these years never been charged now

Why am i being charged

I thought this was a free service

LinaJ2020

Why am i being charged

Free Edition is free only for simple returns that file a 1040 with no additional schedules, and is free as long as you don't select any add-ons or upgrades.  Click here: FREE

It is free allowing you to use our program with the navigation interview process to see what your tax refund or tax due would look like.  TurboTax is also up-to-date with the latest tax laws, so you can be confident your taxes will be done right.  Once you decide to file with us, you need to pay.  The price is based on which products you are chosen after entering your information. 

If you are looking for a complete free filing, you might want to consider another option.  It's called the TaxFreedom which is an IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax.  It is exclusively available online and has its own dedicated website at taxfreedom.com

@Mdecarlo59

@mamiem123

@lilredd62

guidone4

Why am i being charged

Why does Credit Karma say file for free and I did the last couple of years but when linking to Turbo Tax this year from Credit Karma and completing my taxes it is now charging me $99??

HeatherPLO

Why am i being charged

If we detect that your tax situation requires expanded coverage, we'll prompt you to upgrade to a version that supports the forms you need so we can maximize your tax deductions and ensure you file an accurate return.  For more details on this, please see the Help Article here.

@guidone4