Why am I being charged $110 for my federal & N...

Why am I being charged $110 for my federal & NY State when I chose “ free”? I have very simple, uncomplicated taxes.

I’ve done my taxes the last few years with you, I will be going else where

You should file your state tax return yourself.  Most states let you do it yourself on the internet, for free.  Google New York state dept of revenue.  Remove the "file state tax return for me" x and this should take your fee to zero.

The TurboTax free edition does not cover all forms and tax situations.

To see what you are being charged for:

1. After signing in to TurboTax, open or continue your return.
  2. Select Tax Tools on the left side of the screen and then Tools.
  3. Tools Center box will pop up on your screen.
  4. Select the My Fees box on the right.

Tip: If these instructions don't work (for example, on your mobile device) open the File section and then proceed to the Review Your Order screen. This also shows the breakdown of your charges.

To see what forms are covered by the TurboTax Free Edition see: Commonly Filed Tax Forms and Schedules