turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why ain't you accepting my ID number

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

It might be helpful to know that In most states, entering the drivers license or ID is recommended but not required. 

Try not putting your License info in.

First, Delete the license info, then continue, red high lights will come up, then just hit continue again.

It is possible you will make it to the next screen.

• If your State issued ID (including Military ID) or driver's license is not being accepted, you can leave the driver's license/state ID information blank, and still file your return.
  • Two states, Illinois and Alabama, do require a driver's license to file a state return.

Providing this info is not required to file your taxes. However, in some states, omitting this info may delay the processing of your return.

GEN87470

Answered by TurboTax FAQ to this question

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4227719-how-do-i-enter-my-wifes-lisence-if-there-is-no-place-to-en...

View solution in original post

1 Reply

It might be helpful to know that In most states, entering the drivers license or ID is recommended but not required. 

Try not putting your License info in.

First, Delete the license info, then continue, red high lights will come up, then just hit continue again.

It is possible you will make it to the next screen.

• If your State issued ID (including Military ID) or driver's license is not being accepted, you can leave the driver's license/state ID information blank, and still file your return.
  • Two states, Illinois and Alabama, do require a driver's license to file a state return.

Providing this info is not required to file your taxes. However, in some states, omitting this info may delay the processing of your return.

GEN87470

Answered by TurboTax FAQ to this question

From <https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4227719-how-do-i-enter-my-wifes-lisence-if-there-is-no-place-to-en...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies