turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tomewest1

Which Turbotax product is right for me based on filing 3 federal and state returns, one for my wife and I, and one for each of our children?

Used to use TT when my financial picture wasn't as complex. Started using a CPA but I think I want to try my hand at doing this myself.  I file 3 state and federal returns. One for my wife and I, one dependent son who has some investments and another son who is no longer a dependent but we still handle filing his taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Which Turbotax product is right for me based on filing 3 federal and state returns, one for my wife and I, and one for each of our children?

You'll definitely want to purchase the Desktop (CD/download) platform.  Based on what you've said, you'll need TurboTax Premier (to cover the investments).  

The Desktop program allows for up to 5 free federal e-files.  You can actually prepare unlimited federal returns, but only e-file 5.  With the Premier program, you'll get one free state tax preparation download.  Each additional state tax prep program is currently priced at $39.99.  You should also know that to e-file a state return using the Desktop program, you'll be charged a $19.99 fee.  Of course, you can always mail a state return and avoid that additional cost.

I'll share the link below for ordering TurboTax Premier:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/premier.jsp

PS:  You can also purchase the CD or downloads from multiple retailers, both in-store and online.  And you'll likely find better pricing there.  

I'm going to add this other info comparing the Online platform and the Desktop program, just FYI:

"What are the advantages of the TurboTax CD/Download software over the Online version?"

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4535178

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies