turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

maes2005

Repeat Post: Still unable to delete mistaken gambling winnings entry. Duplicate of misc 1099 entry. Previous answer ineffective.

Reply to first post said:

In the top menu, click My Account, then

Tools, then

Delete a Form (within Other Helpful Links)

Select Delete next to the relevant form

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
TurboTaxKenH , EA, CFP®
 TurboTax TaxPro  a month ago

I tried this. Went to account/tools/delete a form and clicked delete for "Forms W-2 & W-2G Summary" No other w-2g or "gambling winnings" forms available to delete. 
Originally entered the amount under "Less Common Income/Gambling Winnings" I hit the revisit button then try to select "no" and am simply returned to the federal taxes summary page with nothing changed.
I clicked "add/edit" button under "your income/gambling winnings" with the same result. I am unable to edit or delete the entry. This is holding up filing my tax return. Is there any direct support outside of this community? I don't have the time or patience to deal with generic replies I'm not even able to rely to. Just get someone to fix it, please.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Repeat Post: Still unable to delete mistaken gambling winnings entry. Duplicate of misc 1099 entry. Previous answer ineffective.

You have to return to the exact same field where you entered the amount and clear the field. To do that, when you go toLess Common Income/Gambling Winnings, selecting No will not do anything. You have to continue to the exact same field where you entered it originally and delete it. So, on the "did you win money...." select Yes and that will let you continue to either a W-2G area or the area not reported on a W2G and get to the field where you made the original entry.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Where was this amount entered previously? It had to be entered somewhere. You need to find the errant entry or form and delete it. We can't see your return, so we can't do it for you.

You have to return to the exact same field where you entered the amount and clear the field. To do that, when you go toLess Common Income/Gambling Winnings, selecting No will not do anything. You have to continue to the exact same field where you entered it originally and delete it. So, on the "did you win money...." select Yes and that will let you continue to either a W-2G area or the area not reported on a W2G and get to the field where you made the original entry.
maes2005

Thanks Jerry. That worked.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies