turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

darhoy41

Where do I mail the 2018 Federal Tax Return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
VolvoGirl
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

It should say on the instruction page or look it up here……

https://www.irs.gov/uac/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment 

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
VolvoGirl
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

It should say on the instruction page or look it up here……

https://www.irs.gov/uac/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment 

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.

The State filing instruction page does say where to mail the return. The Federal filing instructions do not have Any mailing instructions, whatsoever.

@stephanieedougherty wrote:

The State filing instruction page does say where to mail the return. The Federal filing instructions do not have Any mailing instructions, whatsoever.

The Federal tax return Filing Instructions will not have any mailing address if you elected to e-file the federal tax return.

@stephanieedougherty   For what year?  And what state?  It's too early to file a state return for 2019.  

Having the same problem. Nowhere can I find an address for Federal mail in submissions

A link was posted above.  But again,

Where to mail federal paper returns

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.  Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return.

Because of the late date, I can not use the regular  address

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the attached link to find the address to mail your return to.  Be sure to pick the correct state in order to ensure the return is sent to the correct location.

Form 1040 filing addresses

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies