michaelthorne990

Where do I list tems purchased for use at work?

I bought flashlights and other various equipment to use at work.  These are all items that I only use at work.  Do I list them under the asset summary or is there another place better suited for me to list them?
NancyG

To claim most work-related expenses, you must itemize deductions. You can deduct only the portion of your work-related expenses that exceeds the IRS floor: 2 percent of adjusted gross income. 

Form 2106—Employee Business Expenses—is used to report unreimbursed travel, meals, entertainment, and transportation expenses (including DOT per diem) you incurred while working as an employee. (Form 2106-EZ is a simplified version.)

We automatically create Form 2106 or 2106-EZ when you go through the job-related expenses part of the interview. You can get there by searching for "2106" inside your TurboTax program and then clicking the "Jump to" link in the search results.

Can Employees deduct any job related expenses?