sims1

Where do I go to eliminate this hobby expense that is showing Misc Itemized Deductions Wks: Line 23?

Turbo tax shows I have $1.00 of hobby expense. I don't know where this is coming from.

Smart Check is giving me this error message: "Misc Itemized Deductions Wks: Line 23 has an amount greater than hobby income. Hobby expenses cannot exceed hobby income."

Where do I go to correct this? I have tried several places, including a couple forms,  but it won't allow me to change the $1.00 entry.

Phillip1

This one is a bit difficult. 

You should be able to delete the amount by doing the following:

1. Login to your return ad click on the Federal category on the right hand navigation bar.
  2. Click on the Wages and Income link at the top of the window,
  3. In the Wages and Income list scroll to he category labeled Less Common Income and click Show More.
  4. Click start or revisit Miscellaneous Income, 1099-A, 1099-C.
  5. Click revisit on the line labeled Hobby income or expenses.
  6. On the screen labeled "Enter your hobby income and expenses for 2017" make sure everything is deleted.
  • Highlight each line and click delete to make sure it is completely blank.

If that doesn't work, you may need to try deleting your Schedule A. This would require you to reenter all of your deductions again - this is the last resort.

To delete the schedule A,

1. Click on the Tax Tools option on the right hand navigation bar.
  2. Click on the Tools option in the dropdown menu.
  3. Click Delete a Form,.
  4. In the list of forms in your return that pops open, click delete on Schedule A.