OLIVARES8453

Where do I enter the income as babysitter?

HelenaC

Your babysitting/care giver self-employed income is reported on Schedule C Profit or Loss from Business.

If your self-employment income was only from cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency:

1. Type Schedule C in the find box and then select the Jump to link. This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment. 
  2. Note:  If the "Jump to" doesn't work for you, select the Federal Taxes tab at the top of the screen, underneath the tab, select Wages & Income. Select I'll choose what I work on. Scroll down to Business Items, Business Income and Expenses (Sch C) , select Start.
  3. You may first be asked some general questions about your business. 
  4. After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Let's enter the income for (your line of work) screen where you can enter this income as Other self-employed Income.

If you received a 1099-MISC for your self-employed income: 

1. Type 1099-misc in the Search box and then select the Jump to link. This will take you directly to the section where you can enter your 1099-MISC. 
  2. You’ll also be able to enter any cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment.

Related Information:

HelenaC

Related Information: