`

Where do I enter Required Minimum Distribution?

I have a statement for Fair Market Value and Required Minimum Distribution from my IRA. Where do I enter this amount? Does anyone know? This isn't on a form with a number, just a statement.

In the interview questions and entering Form 1099-R, if you took a distribution, TT should ask additional questions, such as what did you do with the proceeds, rollover, do something else.  Since there is a required minimum distribution, you would answer that you did something else with the funds.

Another question should come up and ask if this was a RMD and what the amount of the RMD was.  That is where you enter the RMD amount.

**Disclaimer: Effort has been made to offer correct information; but due to the discussion forum limitations, the poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the poster's response**

My Turbo Tax does not ask any questions regarding RMD amount ? 

TurboTax asks the questions about the Required Minimum Distribution, as LudwigVan_fan points out, in the 1099-R interview, but only if you turned 70 1/2 prior to the end of the tax year (December 31, 2019 in this case).

If you are not yet 70 1/2 then you are required to take RMDs so TurboTax doesn't ask you the questions.

You stated: 

There are instances when you are not yet 70 1/2 and still have to take an RMD...being the beneficiary of an IRA where the decedent had been taking RMDs.