turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file a Schedule CE-Z form with Turbo Tax? I am using Deluxe and not Self Employed because I do not need to file expenses.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
JulieCo

How do I file a Schedule CE-Z form with Turbo Tax? I am using Deluxe and not Self Employed because I do not need to file expenses.

When you enter in your self-employment income, TurboTax will determine whether Schedule C or C-EZ needs to be filed.  That is all done in the background of the software. 

If you do not have a 1099 MISC for your business, these are the steps to enter you self-employment income:  

Search for "Schedule C" (as that is just the section name used in the search, but a Schedule C-EZ may still be created) and  then select the Jump to link. This will take you to where you can enter any cash, personal checks, credit card payments, or cryptocurrency (Form 1099-K) related to your self-employment. You may first be asked some general questions about your business. After you answer them, you’ll be taken to the Let's enter the income for (your line of work) screen where you can enter this income as Other self-employed Income.  See the sample screenshot below.

See more information below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302098

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies