When will form 8863 be ready? I received a notice is was ready but the system says it is not.

The form is actually available but for some reason the a lot of are getting the 8863 error msssage and aren’t able to finish filing because of it! Turbo tax has been working on the problem but I read that won’t be fixed until the next system update which is scheduled for thrbfirst or second week of Febuary!! LUCKY FOR YOU, you won’t have to wait to fix this and finish filing your taxes just sign in to your turbo tax account and click on tools, delete forms, scroll down and find the 8863 for click on it and then click delete file and remove the form from your return completely don’t worry this doesn’t change your refund amount at all all your education information was saved from your 1098T. After you delete form 8863 go back and finish filing your return !! 

Thanks! This worked perfectly!

I had the same problem while trying to file my taxes just wanted to help! I’m glad it was able to to help you! Happy filing

Why does it say I need these forms to finish filing if I can delete them and not worry about them?

Are you asking about form 8863? If so, do you qualify for an education credit of some type?

I’m not sure why it states you need these forms I’m assuming it’s just a duplicate form that’s generated Incase you have those educational expenses but do not have or wasn’t provided the form 1098T from your school, in which case you may wanna ask about or you’ll have to wait for the 8863 form to availabile to finish filing your return. Otherwise, the information on the form 8863 is saved on your 1098T form which should be provided to you through the college your enrolled in. So deleting the 8863 form that is holding you up from filing your return can be removed without interferening with your return amount because the information on your 1098T form. Hope this was able to help!