When will form 8834 be available? Both Intuit and the IRS websites say the form is available, but TurboTax won't let me file.

Form 8834, Qualified Electric Vehicle Credit, is available in TurboTax.  The form only applies to qualified electric vehicle passive activity credits from prior years (allowed on Form 8582-CR or Form 8810 for the current year).

If you are instead referring to Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit (Including Qualified Two-Wheeled Plug-in Electric Vehicles), then this form is scheduled for release on 3/8/18.

You may view the TurboTax FAQ below with the expected release date of Form 8936 and other IRS pending forms.  Click "See entire answer" for the full list view.

Where is Form 8834 - Energy Efficient Vehicles? 

When I click on “Energy-Efficient Vehicles” update I am taken to a page that says “The energy-efficient vehicles section isn’t ready yet”.  

TurboTax 2019 Mac desktop

The form should now be available on all platforms.  Please run updates in your Desktop program first.  

No, it is not available for desktop Windows version. I just ran "check for update". It was supposed to be available yesterday, Feb 5th, but now TT says form will be available on Feb 12th? I'm waiting for this form to files too. What's the hold up?

Form 8834-Qualified Electric Vehicle Credit is available now.  

The similarly titled Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit, is the one expected to be available on February 12, 2020.

The credits for this form require the data from the manufacturer's sales reports for 2019 before the form is finalized and ready to go.  

We know you're anxious to get your tax return filed, and we are anxious, too! 

If we can get the form out any sooner, updates will be posted at this link: IRS Forms Availability in TurboTax.

Thank you for hanging in there with us, and thank you for using TurboTax!

@Thanhkng

If Form 8834 is the form you are trying to file (and not the plug-in form due out on the 12th), and it is not showing after your updates, try uninstalling the software (after you back up your .tax file), reinstalling, and then running a fresh update.  Sometimes this will fix a "stuck" update to refresh the forms.  

@Thanhkng

Reply references Form 8936.  The form availability list does NOT include a Form 8936.

Am I waiting for a form that doesn't exist?

Form 8936 will be available in this week's release of TurboTax.  The forms availability article will be updated when the release is made.

I was told 2/12/2020 previosly and its not there. When this week will form 8936 be released?

Taxpayers are allowed a credit for the purchase of plug-in electric drive vehicles used for either business or personal purposes. The credit, which ranges between $2,500 and $7,500 for light-duty vehicles, varies depending on the weight of the vehicle and kilowatt hour of battery capacity. 

The credit phases out for each car manufacturer when they reach a total of 200,000 electric cars sold for use in the United States.

To determine if you are eligible, click on Deductions & Credits under the Federal menu. Under Cars and Other Things You Own, choose Start/Revisit next to Energy-Efficient Vehicles. Currently, this form is not available, as TurboTax is waiting for updates on the approved vehicles. This credit is reported on Form 8936, which is estimated to become available on February 20, 2020.

Plug-In Electric Drive Vehicle Credit