earichardson34

When trying to load a Turbotax 17 disk into my windows 10 desktop, Turbotax gives me a message that Windows is running an update and it cannot load from the disk.

SteamTrain

Correct...that happened to me earlier this year.

Windows is waiting for you to reboot to complete a Windows update.

One big windows update required a couple reboots.

Reboot, wait 30 min, reboot again, wait 15 min, then try again with TTX.

(or repeat a couple more times with waits in between....if you have a slow internet connection, some updates take a whole day or overnight)

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

SteamTrain