When trying to file, I'm getting the error that form 8960 won't be ready until 02/07/2019. I'd like to file now. Is the form available on the CD/Download product?

No.  It will not be available until 02/07/19 using the desktop editions either.

I am getting the same error and I have not investments to even file for.  Anyone know why I have to wait or how to bypass since I don't need to file this form?

I found it!  

Here's the general procedure for deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:
1.Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select the Take me to my return button.)
2.In the left side bar, select Tax Tools > Tools.
3.In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
4.Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet and follow the onscreen instructions.

looks like they've updated this to be available on 1/31 - thanks for the help