nic-per-1998

When mailing the turbo tax forms do I have to make two copies one for state and one for federal

LinaJ2018

For federal, they don't need your state returns.  Only mail them a copy of the Form 1040 plus attached schedules, for example, Schedule A, Form 2441 Child care credit. 

For State, mail them a copy of the Form 1040 (without the schedules) and a copy of the state return with the attached forms/schedules.

LinaJ2018

The program prints one federal, Then the state.  If the state requires a copy of federal another federal will print after state.

Be sure to mail federal and state in separate envelopes.  They go to different places.