• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nic-per-1998

When mailing the turbo tax forms do I have to make two copies one for state and one for federal

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

When mailing the turbo tax forms do I have to make two copies one for state and one for federal

For federal, they don't need your state returns.  Only mail them a copy of the Form 1040 plus attached schedules, for example, Schedule A, Form 2441 Child care credit. 

For State, mail them a copy of the Form 1040 (without the schedules) and a copy of the state return with the attached forms/schedules.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LinaJ2018
Intuit Alumni

For federal, they don't need your state returns.  Only mail them a copy of the Form 1040 plus attached schedules, for example, Schedule A, Form 2441 Child care credit. 

For State, mail them a copy of the Form 1040 (without the schedules) and a copy of the state return with the attached forms/schedules.

VolvoGirl
Level 15

The program prints one federal, Then the state.  If the state requires a copy of federal another federal will print after state.

Be sure to mail federal and state in separate envelopes.  They go to different places.
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v