markgloss

When I try to update TT H&B 2019, the update crashes. I've restarted my system, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the product. The update continues to crash. Any advice?

SteamTrain

Hard to know on that one...but you should always indicate if you are using Windows or MAC computer.

Anyhow   if Windows:

A) Make sure you've installed it on your main system disk, not on some detachable drive.  And if you installed it using a CD, make sure you remove the CD after installation.

B)  The try the following  (even if you installed it as an Administrator, do this too):

Exit and shut down the desktop TurboTax program ....then:

1)  right-click TurboTax 2019 icon

2)  Select  … Properties

3)  Select the  Compatibility tab

4) In the "Settings" section … check the box to "Run this program as an administrator"

5)  Apply...then OK.  Restart and attempt to update again

__________________________

C)  still no go?   If installed from a CD, check your instructions in the package that direct you how to get an installation file from the TTX download site and do that...and use that installation file instead.  IF you were using a TTX download already, go back and download it again and use the new installation file.  That installation file changes every week (even up to April & later) with all kinds of form and bug fixes within the installation file.

D)  Last resort:  Customer Support....weekdays, daytime only until sometime in January  (hours listed ...PACIFIC time).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
SteamTrain

Oh yeah...If you are using a Windows computer, you might try the Manual Update first.  Sometimes that loads & fixes things that were fixed since you installed whatever version you have:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-... 

robvassar

I have done this 3 times and still no luck.  I need help

robvassar

Windows

ChondelLO
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please click the link below to contact Customer Support for assistance.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community